Tuesday, January 25, 2011

JEEPERS ~~~ WHERE DOES THE TIME GO!!!!

I could have sworn that I did a December blog ~~~guess not!! Lots to show and lots to do so I'll just get on with it!!! Grab a cup of tea, glass of wine or whatever, this is a little on the long side!

First of all, I want to introduce you to the most lovable little 3 year old Beagle you have ever seen!!! Her name is Daisy and I adopted her from my son Harrison and his wife Jamie. With 6 month old Zoe, life at their house was just getting too crazy! I had her at home during my week off to see how we got along and she settled in perfectly. She's doing great at the shop and welcomes all the petting a person can give her!!! She and Betsy nap under my desk together so things are working out well.

Daisy loves basking in the sun at the shop front door!!!


Betsy is 14 years old now and the cold, cold winter we are having just screamed for her to have a new coat. She seems to like it very much so sometimes we just leave it on all day!!!

"Miss Betsy"

January brings on the "cleaning frenzy" as I call it, so, as soon as I got back to work I "dug" in. No more cob webs and lots of new displays. You're greeted at the door with our "January Snowman Display". Lots of fun little guys to stitch away these cold days and nights.

Come on in and pick out a few!!!

Valentines Day will be here before we know it so we better be stitch'in
our Special Valentine a little somethin'!!!

Valentine Display




Oh, I love St. Patty's Day!!! What a fun holiday!!! Got some great little projects to
"Get Your Irish On"!!!

St. Patty's Display


We've done a little re-arranging during the "frenzy"!!! Just needed to give the place a bit of a different look. Getting lots of good comments which are greatly appreciated, makes it worth my "crash and burn" recovery!!!

"The Sunflower Seed Stitching Area"

Now, on with some beautifully stitched models "new at the shop"! We now have 3 of the 4 Stoney Creek "In The Village" series on display. They are absolutely beautiful!!! Nancy VanDruff has stitched all 3 and is presently working on the 4th. I'm sure it'll be done soon, she's a super fast stitcher! Aren't they wonderful?

"Winter in the Village" by Stoney Creek

"Autumn in the Village" by Stoney Creek


"Summer in the Village" by Stoney Creek

Below are ornaments that I stitched and finished for Christmas gifts and for shop models. They were all so fun to stitch, quick, and so, so cute! I have been asked repeatedly to have a "finish class" just for this type of ornament. I will "get it together" hopefully sometime next month and post the date or dates on this blog. SOMEONE, keep reminding me, okay????? I get too busy sometimes, I forget!!!

"Christmas Tree 2010" by Rosewood Manor
from the 2010 Just Cross Stitch Magazine - Pg.19
I changed the colors to burgandy and green.

Granddaughter "Zoe's 1st Christmas Ornament"
Designed especially for my little sweetie!

"Nickademus" by Raise the Roof Designs
Also from 2010 Just Cross Stitch Magazine - Pg.83
Stitched for my nephew's son "Ryan's 1st Christmas"!

Below are several ornaments by Little House Needleworks. I just fell in love with them and what fun they were to stitch. I want to do all 12 but for now these will have to do.
"Peppermint Twist" by Little House Needleworks


"Joy to the World" by Little House Needleworks


"All is Calm" by Little House Needleworks
Stitched by Kathy


"Merry Skater" by Little House Needleworks


"Red House in Winter" by Little House Needleworks
Stitched by Nancy

Below are 2 wonderful pieces that I received as Christmas gifts from 2 of my "bestest" friends!!! They are both sitting on my mantle at home and I admire them every day!!! Thanks so much girls, you really outdid yourselves!!! I LOVE them so!!!

From "K"!

From "R"!



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A LITTLE "SHOW AND TELL"

FROM SOME VERY CREATIVE CUSTOMERS!!!


Below is a patchwork piece that incorporated my "Kansas Xmas" designs into one!!! Corina did a great job putting this together and we really wanted to show it off to everyone! She added the year on each piece also which was a great idea!!! AWESOME job Corina!!! Thanks for letting us display it in the shop. Come by and catch a peek!!!

"Kansas Xmas" designs all-in-one!!!


Sue came in the other day with 2 amazing projects that she's been working on!!! OMG - this Prairie Schooler ABC design is SOOOOO AMAZING you just can't imagine how gorgeous it is turning out!!! She is stitching all these charts together on 25 ct. fabric ~ over 1 ~ !!! It is sooooo beautiful!!! I WANT ONE!!! She said she was doing 2 designs each month and so far it was going well and very do-able. Look how proud she is, and very well should be!

Sue with her AMAZING sampler!!!


A little closer look!!!


This is Sue's Prairie Schooler Santa Afghan! Finally finished and what an accomplishment!!! It's a beautiful piece!!! Thanks so much for sharing these amazing projects! You're an inspiration to us all!!!

"Prairie Schooler Afghan"


Well, I know this was a lot to get through but I just had to show off all these fun projects!!! Stitching is truly a passion for so many of us. What would our lives be without it??? We don't even want to go there, do we???!!!

January has been a very good and busy month. We've seen lots of friendly faces come through our door, despite the "frigid" weather!! If you haven't been in for a while, come on by.......


Daisy's wait'in to see ya!!!


Stay Warm and Happy Stitching!!!............Anita



3 comments:

  1. Anita, I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday! I bet you will be glad for warmer weather... Love all your projects and the customer finishes too! I'm hoping for a visit sometime this year :) Tell Kathy hi from me! I can't wait to meet Daisy!

    Michelle :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES--Finish class please! And try to avoid snow days--LOL....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Covered a lot of stuff. Everything looks great. Now can you do an update on my blog for me?

    ReplyDelete