Tuesday, January 28, 2014

What a Journey I've Been On!!!

First of all I would like to thank you all for sending such wonderful cards, well wishes and prayers!!  I truly am blessed to have such caring friends and customers.  It means so much to me.  Thank you so much!

It's a bit difficult writing this message, so much has happened! It's been a long stressful journey but now I'm on the outside looking in and things get better every day! 




I can't say enough good things about the BMT (Bone Marrow Transplant) Unit at KU Med.!!!  The nurses in Unit 41 and 42 at the hospital are absolutely THE BEST.  Their training is astounding!!!  I was moved to Unit 64 to be monitored for a heart issue for 2 days and I begged every day to go back to Unit 41!!!!  Big difference in care!!!




Things were not going so well for me after the chemo and transplant so I was admitted into the hospital for 16 days.  (whew! that was a long time!) Initially we were to do most of everything "outpatient" going in daily for blood work and getting infusions if needed then go back to our lodging a few blocks from the clinic.  I did well but did need several potassium and calcium infusions during that time.  My numbers were climbing nicely but was delayed release for a few issues but finally one morning the Dr. came in and told me I was going "home-home"!!! 




Today, I'm celebrating 68 days since my transplant!!!  I'm back seeing my wonderful Dr. Hurwitz every other week now.  (was every week for the first month home)  My blood work is improving each check-up and I'm gaining energy and strength!  Been doing some minor things around the house and have finally gotten to see my kids and granddaughters.  That was the best medicine of all!!!




Daisy has been a real trooper through all this but is so happy to be home to play in her own yard.  She really made a big connection with Bill during my time in the hospital and spends a lot of time on his lap in the evening then takes turns snuggling with each of us during the night!!!!!  She's the best ever!!!




**I do have the final segment of the Little House Sheep Virtues for those that signed up for it.  Hoffman was about a month late getting them to us and then I just didn't feel like putting them together and getting them to you.  I will get that done one of these days and give you a call and get them to you.  Sorry for the delay. 


A lot of updates seem to have occurred with my computer since I went off to get my "tune up" and have had a dickens of a time even getting a blog written.  No pictures as you might have noticed!!!!  I just can't get them to load so will give up for now and get some help with that from my "go to" guy!!!


With the shop closing we sold soooooo much stuff but I do still have quite a few Just Another Button Company buttons and some DMC, Sampler and Weeks threads left.  E-mail me if I can help you out with any of those things.  Not many patterns were left and if you are interested in any of my designs, they are still available.  Again, send me an e-mail.


Thanks so much to everyone for making my last 14 years a real pleasure!  Once I get back to "normal" who knows, there may be "new" Sunflower Seed Designs in the future!!!  Hope to see you sometime soon!


Life is a gift.................live for the day............ Anita

9 comments:

  1. Anita, glad to hear you are doing better. Will miss the store when I get to Topeka. I'm sorry I didn't get in before you closed. Take care. Donna Campbell, Pittsburg

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy to hear that things are progressing well with your treatment and hope soon you will be feeling back to your normal self. Good luck in your future endeavors now that the store is closed. At least you will be able to focus on your health now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow good luck on your healing.

    Blessings and prayers sent your way.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anita I had no idea what you were going through or that the store had closed. You are such a strong woman. I had cataract surgery four years ago. Then was diagnosed with Fuch's distrophy. Last year had two cornea transplants in the same eye. Two because of primary donor failure after the first one. I have been struggling with clear, close up vision. But I think it is getting . Thank you for a wonderful place to shop and for your creative spirit. I learned a lot from you. Sending healing prayers your way. -- Janet Rice

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anita, I don't know if you still check your blog, but I wanted to see how you are doing? I sure do miss you and absolutely miss your shop!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Julie, I am sorry to report that our dear Anita passed away in May.

      Delete
    2. That breaks my heart. I am so incredibly sorry for your loss. I know I will miss her deeply. All of my thoughts and prayers. Thank you for getting back to me.

      Delete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete